More searches for more records on Uncle Aashol Munn — really could not believe anyone being saddled with that name!!! I found a copy of the Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, online at Ancestry where records for the records for the family of Noah Munn were listed:
Noah d. 13 May 1821, Gill; m (1st) 7 Dec 1769. Brimfield, Desire, b. 5 Ma. r. dau. Moses & Bethiah (Younglove) Hitchcock. m (2nd) 25 Sept 1804, Gill, Sybil, b. 17 July 1759, Northfield; d. 30 Sept 1816, Gill; dau. John & Jerusa (Hastings) Allen, and widow of John Field.
Children: (Born in Gill)
- Moses, bapt. 10 Mar 1771
- Noah, bapt. 10 May 1772
- Aaron, bapt. 27 Feb 1774. m. (int.) 8 Oct. 1795. Gill, Elizabeth Hastings. Children: Orilla, Eldad, Josephus, Clarissa & Rossa. Moved to,
- Eldad, bapt. 15 Oct 175; d 13 July 1816, Gill
- Sarah, bapt. 8 Aug 1882; m. Seth Cary Jr.
- Chloe, bapt. 28 Mar. 1787; m. Oren Severance
- Clarissa (twin) b. 28 Mar. 1787; m. Luther Martindale
- Asahel, bapt. 9 July 1790. d.y.
So, chalk one up to a bad transcription that was done over a century ago and a good thought to my cousin who proposed that his name was “misspelled from Asahel who was the youngest son of Zeruiah” and was just another of the Biblical Namings.